Sunday, March 10, 2013

sorry for the silence!

hi everyone..

i honestly think about this blog every day.. knowing i should be updating it but somehow not getting to it.  So, a quick wrap of another two or three weeks...

About two weeks ago we got Charlotte's MRI results.  It was somewhere between 'no news' and 'bad news'.  The doc explained that there appeared to be some growth in the tumour.  Clearly bad news.  But that it was not clear as she could have been laying in a different position.  Also, it doesn't show the aggressive growth that can be expected down the track.  So for now she remains on her vorinostat (chemo).

Having said that, she's actually not taking the chemo again because her blood count dived below the level required to keep going.  This is the second time she has come off the drug.

Tomorrow she has a check up instead of her usual wednesday appointment.  The reason - tomorrow night Mummy, Jamie, Charlotte and I are off to Singapore for 7 nights! Yep, given the results of the last MRI it was time to take the risk and have an overseas trip.  Hopefully I can update this blog daily from there.

I'll put a caption next to each pic below to give you an idea of the last few weeks..  It's been tough but in the main Charlotte has been really good.
I was given a shoe voucher for christmas that I was never going to use - so charlotte got some shoes that light up and another pair of trendy shoes for school :)

My favourite - we couldnt go home during the fires so we went to "Bells Rapids" and caught tadpoles and drew on boxes!! Great afternoon..

Bells Rapids!  For those that don't know WA, google 'Avon Descent' to see what this looks like at the end of winter!!

I do have a habit of buying toys that allow us to play together -This one involves 'darts' that stick to anything! We drew a target on the window and have had hours of fun (also sticking them to the ceiling!)

Another night at Trevar's speedway.  Charlotte got special 'thumbs up' from the side car racers.. She loves it! 


Our last checkup where charlotte was being very..very cheeky! The Doc was new (again) but gave her a thorough physical check.

Trevar's 6th Birthday!!!

I know Trev is looking away, but charlotte's smile was enough for this post :)

Smashing cake sis!