Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 6 Singapore

Our last full day here today, so we crammed lots in again.  We started by going back to Sentosa Island.   it started raining on the way there, but we weren't too worried, as it only seems to rain for an hour or so as a heavy downpour and then stops and it is hot and sticky again.  

We got our first taste of the massive queues everywhere today.  Sunday must be the day everyone gets out and about.  The waterslides were absolutely packed and it was still raining.  The queues were waiting for an hour or so just to get one slide down.  Jamie and Rach waited in one queue for about half an hour and then thunder and lightning started, so they closed all the slides down.  Charlotte and I had fun in the meantime in the wave pool and a big umm...kind of a stream.. that takes you right around the park.  As the weather was unrelenting we hopped back on the monorail and the MRT and decided to have lunch at the shopping centre where the monorail stops.  We came across a big food hall with food from all different countries, so we split up and got our own food.  
Charlotte wanted fish and chips so I had the same.  Jamie and Rach wandered around a bit to find something a bit more authentic Singaporean.  We sat down and I scouted for Rach and Jamie but couldnt find them.  After we ate I picked Charlotte up to find them again and we bumped into them at the entrance.  It turns out Rach and Jamie unwittingly bought halal food which could not be brought into our section of the foodhall.  

Then Rach took Charlotte on a girlie shopping trip to the Mustafa Centre in Little India before meeting Jamie and me at the Clarke Quays station and figured out our way to the restaurants and cafes.  While Rach and Charlotte were shopping I had promised to put one of charlotte's puzzles together.  I got close but when it fell apart right near the end I admitted defeat.  Anyway, Clarke Quays was a very trendy sort of place and so noisy with all the music.  We had a quick dinner (very very expensive!) there and headed back home.  

The photos are of charlotte's new indian style dresses :)