Sunday, February 10, 2013
week one at school
this week I feel i didn't get to see charlotte very much at all. It's different to last year (from September anyway). At that stage I was staying with her for the school day (thurs and fri) as she wasn't always feeling well and had difficulty even standing/sitting under her own steam. Then it was the holidays during which time i spent every second she was awake playing (and shopping!) with her. Spending four days with her (thurs-sun) felt great. The gap between mon-thursday was hardly noticeable, especially given that i would see her Wednesdays for PMH too.
Everyone I have spoken to have been impressed with how well she looked and how much energy she has.
She has now gone back on her chemo drug after her blood counts returned to normal levels. She has lost another kilo though so the nutritionist has given us some energy milk drinks for morning/afternoon tea. Trouble is she is not interested in them either and almost guarantees she will not be hungry for lunch or dinner! Anyway, we will hopefully stop her weight loss while she is still good.
She also started dancing again last week but is just doing one session instead of her usual 3 or 4!
We spent our nights in the pool again but unfortunately this is not my weekend so she's with mummy pool-less for now. I just hope it stays warm for as long as possible. I've spent the weekend re-arranging the house again trying to fit all her toys in! I buy a lego toy every week and little bits of pieces to do at home. We usually cant go past a newsagent without a small purchase either! I make a conscious decision to make sure I always have plenty of things that we can do/read together so she has maximum fun :)
The pics are taken on the way home from school on thursday (my first day with her).

