Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Update from Kev :)

Charlotte's check up by Dr Phillips at PMH
Firstly, apologies for any of my previous update.  I find it increasingly difficult to look at Charlotte and hate what this has done to her.  Photos are the worst, because when I am with her I can at least see that it is the real charlotte underneath..

Anyway..  Today we have stopped steroids!!! :D

The insulin injections are becoming less frequent and we hope that they stop  by the weekend.  If anyone knows how long it takes for the swelling to go down please let me know - oh, but only if i'm going to like the answer!!

We have been told that charlotte will have an MRI on 17 December.  That means January opens up completely for a holiday :)  On that note, I have been in contact with make-a-wish who are obviously able to assist us.  However, they do not assist in overseas travel any more so our holiday looks like being at the gold coast.  That's still great, and may be we will still get to singapore, but we'll see how she goes with queensland first.

The make-a-wish girls asked us to get charlotte to draw her wish.. which involved a shark, a whale, a dolphin... a sea horse.. i think that was it..  So it looked pretty easy to align to Sea World :)

So, tomorrow I pick Charlotte up early so we can go to school.  Last week was fantastic.  Jordan - a boy who I imagine will be so macho as he grows up - showed how much he cared for Charlotte.  not only that, but at the end of the day he came up to me and gave me 2 big hugs.  

the world is a funny place..   I wish there was some sort of order... but at least there is the odd nice surprise around some corners....