Monday, December 17, 2012

Charlotte's party

Sunday was a great day for charlotte and all her friends.  The turn-out was huge!  Family and friends from dance, school (including her teachers) and the community turned out to celebrate charlotte's bravery and grit to get through her treatment.  Many brought her a christmas prezzie too which I didn't expect but am truely grateful for too.

I don't have too many pics I will share on here, as we need to be careful (a sad reality)..  However, the weather was kind - not too hot and the rain disappeared nicely for this weekend.

As for charlotte, she was in good spirits.  The virus she picked up last week still lingers and you can hear it in her voice, but it didn't stop her having a good laugh with her friends.  Of course she was first to arrive and last to leave, so it was a great effort on her part.

Today is her MRI to see exactly what the treatment achieved.  Fingers crossed of course. I was admittedly very nervous last night because I realised she will likely need a canula again (I assume they use a dye for the MRI).  I really hope they don't, but I guess we will see very shortly.  I really hope they don't!!

Well, thanks to Rachel for putting sunday together.. Jamie for helping set up.. and everyone or making it a really great memorable day.