Food -
there is nothing more important right now :)Mince Macaroni Casserole - My good friend Colin suggested this one.. I haven't yet made this specifically, but did translate the idea into a simple cheesy bolognaise with Macaroni that charlotte luved. Anything with Cheese and Pasta gets the thumbs up. The addition of sour cream to the recipe would lift my recipes another notch though! The other pasta recipe suggested on here is also a goer, but I have to leave out the onions!
Charlotte also loved the lasagna i made last week. I did figure out that you cant hold back on the bechemal (spelling?) sauce!! :)
Taste.com.au - completely agree that this is a gold mine for kitchen klutzes like me. Will have to refer to it a bit more and get more adventurous though!
Places -
The circus - I have researched this without getting too inspired until today. Have looked at Cirque du Soleil but the seats available are crap and it's not until April next year! But having talked to Serena at work, I have been convinced that Joseph Ashton is a top act for kids. They must be having a break for chrissy, so will let you all know some good dates as soon as they are released and see if we can't get a little group going.
The ballet - I looked at this one a while ago. Swan Lake is being performed by the Australian Ballet at the Sydney Opera House. It runs all through december and is completely booked out. Now that would have been special. :( I'll continue to look for other big ticket ballets, but am disappointed that this one will slip through.
I've also been looking for a venue for new years eve. We normally go to Perth Zoo which is pretty good, but I'm open to new ideas too.
I've also taken Charlotte to a miniature railway before but just learned today that there is one in Balcatta too (thanks Serena). I will have to figure out how to put a calendar on here to organise small groups. Keep your eyes peeled for that one.
Rachel and I are continuing to talk about the holiday so I'll keep you informed as to progress there too. I think it will be booked at the last minute - probably in mid to late January or February (if I get my way!). I'm loving the idea of singapore still because it tropical, clean and has a good health system should we need it.
Well, that's it for now I think..