Friday, November 23, 2012

Radiation treatment is over

Charlotte's last treatment (and her two pesky teddies!)
Well, the last week or so has been pretty tough on charlotte.  Putting aside the haemorrhage and onset of diabetes of course!  I'm talking of the radiation treatment.  Charlotte didn't mind it so much because she just lays still (mostly!) and nothing touches her.  We should be thankful she didn't suffer any nausea like some do, but she has been exhausted for a couple of weeks now.  Her hair is now very very thin with big patches of no hair circling her head from ear to ear and a large proportion of hair gone from the top of her head.

Charlotte was pleased to get today's treatment done.  She took two little teddies in that got a bit naughty on the last phase of treatment.  She was flying one around above her head and put one on her mask at one stage.  Not the best really(!) but no one hit the stop button so I think those pesky teddies must have just been good enough.

Treatment finished... :)
Charlotte got a barbie doll, put her last sticker on the sticker chart and said goodbye to everyone.  I didn't know whether to be happy or sad.

After lunch I took her to a reiki session.  It was relaxing, although for those that know me well I'm a bit of a sceptic.  I had to laugh when the lady finished and left the room to get a glass of water.  I asked Charlotte if she felt relaxed...  She shrugged her shoulders and said 'Sizzler?'!!

Reiki session
Which brings me on to the final celebraton - Sizzler with Grandma, Nana and Grandad, Aunty Sam and Uncle Geoff and the boys, Aunty Karen and her girl and boys!  Charlotte hoed down in typical sizzler fashion.  

Well, on Monday she goes back to PMH for one last check before we start her maintenance dose of chemo.. which I understand to be the same as what she has now, but 7 days a week for up to a year.

Good luck my charlotte... I'm willing you with all my strength..